Monday, January 28, 2008

The world so far

Well I'm happy to announce I'm finally unpacked. Though looking around my place feels like it's from a West Elm catalogue. So I guess I still need to personalize it a little more.

The last round of fire classes finished a few weeks ago, and the students had their graduation a few night ago. That was fun, and I'm proud of the students. Despite our best efforts, they passed and become quite proficient with basic firefighting skills. I'm also happy to say that I did really well with my student evaluations. I'm glad my efforts were both effective and appreciated.

I took January off from the fire station to get my world unpacked and organized. This Saturday I'll be back on Engine 18 for 24 hours. Will be fun as always.

I'm also trying unsuccessfully to not get promoted at my station. The Chiefs seem determined to get me moving up the ladder regardless of my own personal wishes. "For the good of the whole company."

Hell, if that's the case I should only be allowed on the Canteen unit.

1 comment:

CatSpit said...

.. you said 'for the good of the whole company', not 'for the poisoning of the whole company', right?