Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year, New Beginnings


2 weeks ago, I left suburban hell and moved into the heart of DC. Right smack in the middle of Chinatown.

So far I'm loving it. I'm on the top floor of a fairly new condo building, with an awesome view of the capitol building and the washington monument.

The move, however, was a complete nightmare. Movers canceling, people not showing up, damaged goods from movers etc. If it could go wrong, it did. I also had to move some of my favourite toys (pool table and such) into storage. My poor motorcycle is parked at the firehouse until I sort out where to park it here. Ugh.


As you can see, there were many boxes. It's hard to go from around 6k square footage to just over 1k.

Nonethess, badass view. The roof has a nice pool, built in gas grills and such. 4th of July fireworks at my place baby!



So this year I'll actually try to post. I didn't post a whole lot last year - it was such a crappy year overall I couldn't be bothered. I did spend some time posting to my spoof response to one of my fire student's blog. He has an excellent writing style (though I'll never again admit it publicly) and talks about things other than the usual dull fire / rescue nonsense.

With that, I wish you a happy new year and let's see what happens in 2008.

No comments: