Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stroke it!


So with spring finally (?) here, I've decided I need to get outside more often and do some fun non-fire department related things.

I'm going to get back into rowing. I used to do this back in college in Cambridge, when I lived in Chicago and when I first moved to the metro area in Alexandria.

The mornings killed me though - having to be at the boathouse at 0445 to unlock the doors (the toils of coaching) sucked big floppy donkey dick.

Happily, there is a boathouse only 3 miles away. They also have an evening programme that will work with my random fire/rescue schedule.

Finally, an excuse to wear lycra shorts in public again!

2 comments:

CatSpit said...

You're coxing this time?

Baldgit said...

that's right. put the fat bastard in the back^H^H^H^Hstern of the boat. That way we can keep the bow (and 1st four rowers) out of the water.