Friday, November 03, 2006

Fun times ahead


I'm trying not to be lazy and actually post stuff. This will help me be more lazy in actuality. By posting the minute details of what is going on in my world, I won't need to talk with my family and assorted friends as much. Moreover, they won't have to talk with me as much either. A win/win if ever I heard of one.

So a couple of weeks ago I was an 'igniter' for the recruit class at the Loudoun training academy. It was much fun, and kicked my butt. Lighting 11 fires back to back, hauling the hay and pallets and just sitting there baking in the rooms while flames roll over my head, while damned fun, it very tiring.

The recruit class is headed to Prince William county's burn building next week. I won't be igniting for them this time, I'll be driving one of the pumpers and pumping. Sweet. Given that I'm in the middle of a DPO (driver / pump operator) class, this is great training/experience.

I'm stoked.

No comments: