Monday, October 09, 2006

New York New York



So this weekend I was up in NYC with Vivien for her cousin's wedding. It was much fun (insofar as weddings are 'fun'). It was a union of the New York Italian community with the Coonass community from just outside New Orleans. Very interesting crowd.



The wedding took place in Central Park on Gothic Bridge. It was a perfect day for it. The weather gamble more than paid off.





The best part though was the cruise for the reception. All the guests ended up on a small cruise ship for food + music while we toured the various bridges and of course the Statue of Liberty.


The humourous highlight of the evening was when the bridge (who is younger than her brother) took care of her brother (according to good Cajun traditions) and gave him a blow up doll at the reception. Damned funny stuff.

But when you combine New Orleanians with what look to be extras from The Sopranos and an open bar... anything can happen.

We stayed in Manhattan and I remembered just how much I LOVE city life and hate living in the burbs. Gawd help me - but I want to live in downtown NYC. Shame that it costs more per month for an apt that is only as big as my bedroom.





And of course, here is Viv and I on the boat with the Manhattan skyline.







photos (respectively) by me, viv and an FDNY Deputy Chief that I only know as 'Joe.'

1 comment:

CatSpit said...

Get that bald guy out of the way! He's stopping me from oggling the Valkyrie!

Looks like a fun weekend miladdo.