Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My poor bike is a little tire-d

yesterday, while enjoying the lovely weather on my bike - I noticed my rear tire was slipping a little bit. This morning i remembered to have a look at it (i forgot to check it out when i got home yesterday).

Seems my tires has a bald strip down the middle - much like my head.

So I think i found the tires i want.

My bike needs 120/70 ZR17 in the front and 180/55 ZR17 in the back. The front tire has some life left in it, but i might as well replace them both at the same time.



I was going to do a spring tune up on it, but if i'm having new tires put on, i might as well just have the boyz do it.

Considering I don't think i'm going to buy that repsol this year, I'm thinking it might be time to put in a jet kit, new pipes, filter and such on mine... Time to change the purr into a roar.

Hey Smith / D - any suggestions? you guys are the mod fanatics. Unfortunately, the tobefast.com guys don't deal with my blackbird. :(

3 comments:

CatSpit said...

Right choice of tyre. I've never heard a bad word about them and many rave reviews :) In fact I think I was raving to you about them. Or maybe just raving... Anyway, your bike has plenty of power. Are you looking for aesthetic mods or power mods? If you are looking for aesthetic mods I would say buy the Repsol and you're done :) Your turn signals are already integrated in the XX so no need to do them.. How about a nice respray job though? I don't believe it costs that much and it would make the bike look shiny new again. Get some badass metal flake on there.. I'd ignore the power mods personally - more effort than they are worth. All I'm doing to my R1 is aesthetic mods.

Baldgit said...

The reason i'm looking to do some mods is to _prevent_ me from buying the Repsol this year. I need to spend that $12k on things like hardwood floors and some home upgrades, not on new toys. :p

I'm just thinking of a dyno kit, new filters and maybe a 4 to 1 pipe.

The respray might happen as i'm going to have them fix the road rash on the right side from my lil ole accident that happened last year. Don't want to spend too much, but i need something to help justify not buying a new bike.

CatSpit said...

Check it out, some pretty killer mods, including a power management box with a rather interesting abbreviation...

http://www.superblackbird.com/xx_mods.cfm