Friday, June 23, 2006

Learning the ropes



Day two: Some arena in Portsmouth, Va.

So a few months back, I officially cured my fear of heights. How? I completed my Ropes Rescue Technician Level III class. Ropes III is the highest level of rope rescue training you can get in Canada and US in the fire service. It was damned fun.

Cheesy notice at my fire station's website is here

Best part of the class was when we built a horizontal and vertal rope system that went off a 150foot platform. We needed the first human load (i.e. victim) to go over the side and ride the system. One of my classmates said...

"Let's send the Canadian, they're expendable."
















This is me! (you can tell by my Special Needs helmet).













This is still me.











And this is what caused the (un)expected need to change my undies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice helmet, rope-boy. I always knew you were 'special'.
~c