Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dammit Jim!

So the last few months i've been even more of a social hermit than normal. why? well a) my schedule from class takes up most of my time, and b) i'm terrified of going out doing something (riding 211, snowboarding (yeah i know - no snow... yet)) that dramatically increases my chance of injury.

Sounds silly, but recently i was called the most accident prone person on the planet by Andy.

Well his words were prophetic.

bastard.

Last night - while playing tag with my kitties, i ran up the stairs and heard (well mostly felt) a loud 'popping' sound from my lower left extremity. Basically i somehow tore the hell out of my achillies tendon right below my calf. ouch.

fortuntely, despite the perpetucal muscle cramping and the 'mild discomfort' I don't think it will prevent me from doing all my stuff in fireschool - just make me a little bit slower.

So much for playing it safe - who know playtime with cats had such risks?

No comments: