Sunday, May 22, 2005

For Sale By Owner


Well i'm finally getting around to updating this. I put my townhome for sale. I'm leaving the overly un-stimulating South Riding for an equally exciting suburban hell called Stoneridge here fun Loudoun County.

Good news is that I'm asking $75k more than I paid last year.

I'm selling it myself because the realtors would eat $27k of my profits (leeches!) It's cheaper for me to pay the mortgage for a year than to use one of those blood suckers.

So the new place is a nice 2 bedroom condo. 2 levels, and a 1 car garage (nice place to park the bike). It's a model unit so it has a nice kitchen, hardwood floors, fireplace, etc etc. It's loaded. I really need to paint though - the model designer had a neat idea in what they were trying to do with colours, but they... well they missed. So time to paint before I move in (hopefully next weekend)...

Other good news is that despite the loss of the tax benefits of home ownership, I'm still saving like 40% on my montly expenses.

Other other good news is it's closer to my firestation.

Bad news is it's slightly further commute to my new job (more on that soon)...

No comments: